We tend to shop everything online these days but a lot of us still hesitate to buy a pair of shoes online. Why? Well, it is simple…We don’t know our shoe size, have no idea how to figure it out, and taking an educated guess wouldn’t really make the shoe fit.
We’ve all been there, but most of us aren’t there anymore, so why should you?
- Small shoes can cause major foot problems.
- Large shoes can cause blisters and a lack of stability.
- Shoes that are too small can cause black nails and place a lot of pressure on the toes.
The above three reasons are convincing enough for you to understand the need to have a solid idea of your shoe size.
You would need a few things to get started, so go on, grab them, and come back once you have them.
- 2-3 sheets of paper
- Something to write with, maybe a pencil?
- A measuring tape, ruler, or a scale of some sort.
- (optional) a friend, but it’s okay if you don’t have one.
So, once you have whatever is mentioned above. Just follow the steps and you are good to go.
- Place the paper on a hard flat surface
- Stand with one foot on the paper.
- Trace a thin line around the foot using your writing instrument but make sure that it is perpendicular to the ground when drawing.
Now from the highest point of the tracing, measure vertically down, this is your foot length.
- Measure horizontally to get your foot width.
- Repeat the steps for your other foot and after determining the larger measurements, use that with our size charts when ordering for shoes.
Additionally, we have a few tips for you to choose the right size of shoes for you.
- A proper-sized fitting shoe for you would be a snug fit around the heel and midfoot to provide ample support with enough wiggle room for your toes.
- Doing the thumb test that we recommend, a thumb’s half to the full width of space allowed between the toes and the end of the shoe.
So, now you have your foot length and your foot width. We’ll show you how to match that with a shoe size chart. Let us assume that you would like to purchase an ASICS shoe and your foot length is 27cm.
- Click the Size chart button on the product page.
The ASICS shoe size chart would pop up.
As you can see that 27cm is 42.5 in EU. All you must do now is select the appropriate size and buy the product!
Don’t panic if the size you ordered doesn’t fit. The first exchange of every order is free of charge. Just send us your order number on firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the item and the size you’d like in exchange. It’s hassle-free!
Order your shoes on our website now, show them off on your Instagram, and don’t forget to tag us!